Many of us are bored. All of us are living at less than our full potential, and substituting overscheduling for activity infused with meaning.
Materials: A mirror and a curious mind
- Stand in front of the mirror.
- Take a quick look at yourself. Body, mind & spirit.
- Spontaneously think what you find appealing.
- Ignore critical thoughts. They’re just useless detritus.
- Look at your reflection while you take ten long breaths.
- Close your eyes.
- Breath in and out slowly 5 more times keeping them shut.
- Do a quick inventory of your life. What’s working best?
- Recall positive watershed moments that invigorated you.
- What facilitated the events of your happiest flashback?
- Open your eyes quickly.
- Smile, hug yourself and blow a kiss.
- Take one long deep breath then go out and seize the moment.
Another mini Mind Acrobatics exercise:
- Grab a pen and pad of paper.
- Spend 15 minutes writing in pure stream of consciousness.
- Capture every realistic and seemingly outlandish wish and desire you’ve ever had.
- This is not a “bucket list” but rather a compilation of all that excites you.
Affiliate. Organize. You’ve been isolated by your culture, but so have all those people you’d like to connect with.